Our baby massage course is designed to promote the attachment bond between parent and baby within a relaxing and calming environment.
This course runs for 5/6 weeks at a time and is aimed at babies from 8 weeks of age until they are crawling and is taught by a certified instructor. We will provide mats and massage oil, all you need to bring is a towel, yourself and your precious little one. Don’t worry if your baby is asleep as we have spare demonstration dolls available.
It is important to us that all learners are confident with each technique before moving on to the next, which is why we will gradually learn more of the sequence as the week’s progress. We will give you the ability to recognise the various behavioural states a baby can be experiencing. How to notice the cues that are been given by baby.
You will learn the importance of touch and how it benefits baby, below are some of the benefits of our class.
• Positive touch between parent and baby
• Strengthen the attachment bond
• Relaxing for both
• Reduce stress and blood pressure to parent
• Improves parental well-being through social contact
• Increase non-verbal communication through body language and eye contact
• Increase confidence in parenting and reading baby’s cues
• Can aid with sleep patterns
• Relief from muscle tension and growing pains
• Relief from teething and nasal congestion
• Relief from gas, colic and constipation
• Stimulates many internal organs, such as lymphatic, respiratory, digestive, nervous and circulatory
Dr Tiffany Field said “ Touch is as important to infants and children as eating and sleeping”
If you would like any further details please do not hesitate to get in touch. If you would prefer one to one massage sessions these are also available.
Suitable from 8 weeks to crawling.